What is CoronaVirus?
Coronavirus disease ( COVID 19 ) is the pandemic disease which is spreading throughout the globe by a virus . Coronavirus began in Chinese wet Market in Wuhan State. The first known case was found in a 55 – year old individual from Wuhan on 17th November 2019.
Experts do not have valid proofs yet , but it is believed that this virus firstly born from animals such as bats and more. This is attacking the Lungs and bronchial tubes of Human body. Therefore , it is clear that people with weak immune systems ( elderly people , very young children or babies )and / or people having chronic medical conditions are at the higher risk. The symptoms are like other respiratory illnesses Such as Dry Cough, difficulty in breathing. However, other symptoms have been noticed as well like Fever, Fatigue, Runny nose, Nausea, Diarrhoea etc.
Coronavirus is spreading very quickly in all over the world, about 185 countries are suffering from this infectious disease today, 587,958 global cases of coronavirus have been confirmed till now. According to recent data, the most infected countries are the United States, Italy and China. It is the fact that it is started from China, but the United States is on the top of list now, because China took Strick Self- Isolation Measures to cure it in the last few days. These measures need to be taken by the whole world.
How can We Prevent Ourselves and Family?
It is very crucial to prevent ourselves and another in this period of crisis. It is like a respiratory infection, so it spreads in respiratory droplets from coughs or sneezes. Hence, wearing face masks help protect each other.
It is transmitted through close contact of people, so avoid close contact. Maintain 1m distance between each other. Do not attend Social Gathering events such as weddings, parties to resist direct contact with people.
Moreover, this virus is less transmissible in warmer climates. Therefore, drink warm water and wash hands often throughout the day with warm water and soap for 20 seconds.
Do not forget to bring hand sanitizer While outing and use it after touching anything to avoid the risk of Coronavirus getting inside our body.
Always wash fruits and vegetables before consuming them.
Which Things Do You Use to Make Sure the Safety of Our Clients and Employees?
- Strict instructions to the staff that don’t come to the workplace if you have symptoms including but not limited to, fever, cough, headache and so on.
- Provide Hand Sanitizer Facility to the Whole Staff.
- Always Wear Gloves and Face Masks.
- Always maintain distance between another employee , employer and/or client .
- Ensure proper training when handling equipment or machinery
Provide clothes appropriate for tasks
Metropolitan Health Services
- Alfred Hospital
- Austin Hospital
- Box Hill Hospital – Eastern Health
- Casey Hospital – Monash Health
- Dandenong Hospital – Monash Health
- Frankston Hospital – Peninsula Health
- Monash Medical Centre, Clayton – Monash Health
- Northern Hospital
- Royal Children’s Hospital
- Royal Melbourne Hospital – Melbourne Health
- St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne
- Sunshine Hospital – Western Health
Regional Health Services
- Ballarat Base Hospital – Ballarat Health Services
- Barwon Health North, Geelong – Barwon Health (please call (03) 4215 4445 prior to attending)
- Bacchus Marsh – Djerriwarrh Health Services
- Benalla Health
- Bendigo Hospital
- Echuca Hospital – Echuca Regional Health
- Maryborough District Health Service
- Melton – Djerriwarrh Health Services
- Mildura – Sunraysia Community Health Services (pre-call 5021 7653)
- Phillip Island Health Hub – Bass Coast Health
- Shepparton Hospital – Goulburn Valley Health
- Swan Hill District Health
- Wangaratta Hospital – Northeast Health
- Warrnambool – South West Healthcare (pre-call 5563 1666)
- Western District Health Service – Hamilton
- Wimmera Health Care Group – Horsham
- Wodonga Campus – Albury Wodonga Health
- Wonthaggi Hospital – Bass Coast Health
Patients who have symptoms compatible with COVID-19 may present to these assessment centres.